Who We Are
With backgrounds that have intersected both healthcare and technology, co-founders Rick Pionkowski, M.D., M.S, and Michael Schaedel, M.S., knew that there had to be a better way to coordinate care. While obtaining a Masters in Computer Science at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Rick worked on interface design that robustly and intuitively captured complex information into a finely granular structure.
Michael, who has worked for healthcare startups as well as built large-scale solutions for Mapquest, brought the vision for an all-encompassing solution, far beyond one that simply addresses “healthcare,” “homelessness” or “community services.”
Why We Created Julota
In 2014, their idea was brought to life with the founding of TouchPhrase Development, now called Julota (Just Love On Them Always). From the beginning, the idea was to create a platform that would:
- Create a way for disparate organizations or agencies to work together, solving the barriers of security, privacy, consent management, and differing interagency policies
- Improve healthcare as well as the general well-being of the population
- Make a significant social impact by bringing communities — and even entire states — together
- Decrease the cost of healthcare while improving its delivery, especially for the underserved
- Allow for detailed analysis of all processes and resource use.
This effort has evolved into the Julota platform, which has been connecting communities and improving the care of those in need for years.